Our prestigious, accredited University, USAT, was established and licensed in September 2003 by the Government of Montserrat, a British Overseas Territory and became International Medical Education Directory (IMED) listed the same year. We are now among the fastest growing schools in the Caribbean Community (CARICOM), and possess the largest Healthcare Professional (HCP) to Medical Doctor (MD) bridge program. We are located on the beautiful, friendly, and unspoiled Island of Montserrat, in the heart of the Caribbean.
Our educational philosophy is founded on well-established traditional, and “time-honored", academic pursuits. Each carefully designed course is taught by experienced Professors and Clinicians, having long standing academic and professional expertise.
To provide Medical Graduate study programs presented in a humanistic manner that embraces high standards of excellence and professionalism. We believe these attributes are necessary to train the “Leaders of Tomorrow”. This doctrine is inspired by physicians highlighted in the “100 Best Doctors of America”. Many of these physicians emerged from humble beginnings as well as various nationalities, cultures, backgrounds, and institutions. We have shaped a program of superior excellence that trains scientists and physicians to meet the demands of scientific and medical needs in the current technological age and global community. To accomplish this objective, we strive to provide dedicated students with an equal opportunity to achieve success.
Our prestigious, accredited University, USAT, was established and licensed in September 2003 by the Government of Montserrat, a British Overseas Territory and became IMED-listed the same year.
We believe in the pursuit of excellence in education, research, patient care, community service with integrity, ethical behavior and respect for everyone. We value humanism and compassion for all people without distinction of age, race, sex, national origin, belief, or ethnicity. We are committed to working cooperatively and collaboratively with our students, teachers, staff, and community who make invaluable contributions to our institution and the development of our mission and vision every single day of their lives. In all aspects of University life, we will foster higher values such as sincerity, integrity, professionalism, honesty, collegiality, and the free expression and open minded exchange of ideas within the high standards that make this a vibrant and living institution.
- Graduation Rate, College Of Medicine: 90%**
- Graduation Rate, All Colleges: 95%**
- Us Residency Selection Rate: 95%***
*2013 Data **Average 2009-2013 Class Years ***Average percent of qualified applicants selected thru ERAS/NRMP/Outside match since 2004. In 2008, 2013, 2014 match rate was 100% of those fully qualified as of 15 September of the respective year when applied. Past performance is not a guantee of future success.
USAT students and graduates are graded using the same criterion as graduates of traditional US medical schools.
USAT has also been favorably reviewed by UNESCO and by the ISO 9001/2002 committee in Europe.
- USAT Graduates who have graduated on and before December 31, 2018 are qualified to make application for the USMLE Medical Licensing Examinations.
- USAT Graduates who have graduated on and before December 31, 2018 are qualified to make application residency training programs in the USA & Abroad.
- USAT is presently preparing for accreditation, with a target date of January 2021 for ECFMG Sponsorship.
- Some of our Examinations Rankings Include:
- Pass Rate At First Attempt On USMLE Step I: 93%*
- Pass Rate On USMLE Step II CK (First Attempt): 98%
- Pass Rate On USMLE Step II CS (First Attempt) 99%*
*2013 Data Average 2009-2013 Class Years Average percent of qualified applicants selected through ERAS/NRMP/Outside match since 2004. In 2008, 2013, 2014 match rate was 100% of those fully qualified as of 15 September of the respective year when applied.
Our Accreditations and Listings
The University of Science, Arts, and Technology, Montserrat is an internationally recognized teaching and research Institution.
- AAHEA (American Association for Higher Education and Accreditation) accredited.
- The World Federation for Medical Education (WFME) has merged a number of recognized listings together in an effort to update these listings and maintain the highest standards in Medical Education listing. To further this effort, the WFME is heading up the efforts of Avicenna, the World Health Organization (WHO), and the University of Copenhagen, with the assistance of IMED/FAIMER, to create the World Directory of Medical Schools (WDOMS). For more information of the efforts and standards of the WFME, please see their website: World Federation for Medical Education.
- USAT is licensed by the Ministry of Education of Montserrat to grant Bachelor's, Master's, and Doctorate degrees in a variety of disciplines.
- USAT Student and Post Graduate Association